Re: IH Optional "Driver Detection" feature

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:29:15 -0500, tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) wrote:

>>Or the unlabeled manual choke on my Traveler!  Even my wife, who I've tried
>>to teach how to do it, can't seem to get the hang of it.  You gotta have
>>just the right touch I guess. hehe
>
>Wow.. IH had SO many wonderful, way-beyond-their-time techno-gizmos on their
>trucks.

As much as I'd love to have the credit go to IH engineers, I'm the one who
added the manual choke to my Traveler when I installed the Edelbrock
4-barrel.  I put it just to the left of the steering column on an equal
spacing with the headlight and wiper knob.  I cut off the generic choke
knob and installed a matching (for my Traveler) IH knob I obtained from a
wrecking yard.  You'd swear it looks like a factory option.  The only thing
lacking is a lighted label above it like the headlight and wiper knob has.

Just to the right of the steering column I added the throttle lock control.
This is also spaced properly and is right under what *was* the lighted
label that said "4-WHEEL" (which of course was for the single speed
transfer case if installed).  I lucked out and in a wrecking yard I found a
replacement lighted label lens from an early 70's Scout II that had the
word "THROTTLE" in place of the 4-WHEEL (along with the standard words
LIGHTER and FAN).  So that too looks like a factory install.  Pretty cool
'eh?

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided              |
Conservative Libertarian         |   1976 Red / White / Blue (and rust)
Life Member of the NRA           |  "Bicentennial" IHC Scout II Traveler
WA Arms Collectors               |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | IH Scout - Don't be fooled by the rust!
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  |  It's a disguse to keep yuppies away.