RE: Theft preventio(was ugly...)

>And if they want to try and steal it,
>well, good luck getting the diesel started with my manual glow plug
>switches.

>Or the unlabeled manual choke on my Traveler!  Even my wife, who I've
tried
>to teach how to do it, can't seem to get the hang of it.  You gotta have
>just the right touch I guess. hehe
>
>Regards,
>
>John

Amen. Any fool who thinks they gonna jump in my 37 year old B pickup and
drive off has another think coming. It might be easy enough to hot wire,
but getting the right combo of throttle and choke(gotta know how long it's
been sitting) and finding first gear with that loose 3 on the tree would be
a challenge, and then the 1/4" of clutch engagement range would bite 'em
hard. Assuming they got it rolling and into the street(Armstrong power
steering), they'd be good for about 15mph with little chance of finding
second gear without a map and a winning lottery ticket. By which time I'd
probably have caught them on foot....;)

Jim