Re:are scouts ugly?

Well, _I_ think they're pretty cool looking, but the uglier other folks
think it is, the better, as far as I'm concerned.  After all, where do
you think some gangsta wannabe brat is going to look first for a stereo
to steal:  the Exploder yuppiemobile, the shiny new J33P Wrangler with a
soft top, or my rusty old Scout?  And if they want to try and steal it,
well, good luck getting the diesel started with my manual glow plug
switches.

Daniel Youngquist-

Here here! My thoughts exactly! I defy some young punkass to try to steal my
scout. They could hotwire the damn thing, but they aren't going anywhere with
the engine kill knob pulled out! I like driving an "ugly scout". Cause I know
that those "yuppimobiles" on the road today are built like crap! I revel in
bellowing diesel in the face of some impatient explorer owner desperately
trying to get around me as I slowly chug up to my top speed of 60mph!

Matt Smith (Home for college and feeling fine! I see my brother Devin has been
stirring up the digest as usual)

80' diesel scout II