IH Optional "Driver Detection" feature

>Or the unlabeled manual choke on my Traveler!  Even my wife, who I've tried
>to teach how to do it, can't seem to get the hang of it.  You gotta have
>just the right touch I guess. hehe

Wow.. IH had SO many wonderful, way-beyond-their-time techno-gizmos on their
trucks.. first we have the P.O.U.R. anti-corrosion system, now we've brought
to light the IH built Security System - automatic driver recognition.  Your
IH will NOT start for ANYONE but YOU.

How's that for an ingenious idea?  Even today, they can't do this type of
thing without using fancy electronic keys that cost a fortune and you'd
better not lose 'em.  IH was able to build this feature back before they
could make electronic-gizmos the size of a car key with a radio transmitter..

Heck, I think I've even seen IH's that ONLY rely on the "Automatic Driver
Recognition System" and forgo the cumbersome key-switch entirely.

:-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout II

Added Howard Pletcher's "How to Identify Your Scout II" article to my FAQ
listings last week, forgot to let everyone know.. :-)