Re: Quick lubes

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Tom Mandera wrote:

> Once a year my trucks make their way to the Quickie Lube (usually in the
> dead of a -20 degree winter).. just like you said, they catch what I
> don't..  and I let them do the full lube job and change the tranny,
> t'case, etc..  things I don't want to do at -20.

You're a braver man than I, Tom. :)  I don't go near those places ever
since one of 'em refused to touch my Mustang's 4-speed transmission
because they'd had some strange problem with a *5*-speed in a Mustang.  I
figured I didn't want that kind of massive intellect anywhere near my
vehicles, especially with tools.  Of course, all the horror stories about
leaving fill plugs out, etc., don't help my attitude either.

Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759