Re: Quick lubes

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Daniel Youngquist wrote:

> You're a braver man than I, Tom. :)  I don't go near those places ever
> since one of 'em refused to touch my Mustang's 4-speed transmission
> because they'd had some strange problem with a *5*-speed in a Mustang.  I
> figured I didn't want that kind of massive intellect anywhere near my
> vehicles, especially with tools.  Of course, all the horror stories about
> leaving fill plugs out, etc., don't help my attitude either.

I know the horrors.. the trick is finding the *right* Quickie Lube..
Julie took her car to the one just down the street, and they proceeded to
do everything backwards.. including changing her air filter (at $10 or
$15?) when she didn't want it changed ('85 Civic)..

So I went to the OTHER Quickie Lube farther down the street.. ;-)  They
were the ones that told me my clutch pedal-lever-rod-thingy was missing
the cotter key and about to slide off it's pivot post.  I also felt
better when the kid recognized a Scout II in the lot, and used to have one.

:)

-Tom