Re: Limited slip

>mechanic for a general lube-and-tuneup (I usually do my own maintenance,
>but I've found that the first time it's best to let someone experienced
>do it; it catches problems that I'd miss.)  Since he owns two Scouts of

Once a year my trucks make their way to the Quickie Lube (usually in the
dead of a -20 degree winter).. just like you said, they catch what I don't..
and I let them do the full lube job and change the tranny, t'case, etc..
things I don't want to do at -20.

>When I picked it up, he mentioned that the vehicle did not have
>limited-slip differentials.  I thought that ALL Scouts were so equipped
>from the factory, but he indicates that they were a special-order item.
>I might mention that I know (99+% certainty, since I bought it from the
>original owner) the differentials in my machine have not been changed.

They were optional, NOT standard issue.  Sorry!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout II ('77 has a rear Track-lok, '72 will have Lock-rites
front/rear before next winter)