Re: Beginning mechanical info

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:07:17 -0700, rhughes@domain.elided wrote:

>Like other beginners, a lot of what
>is discussed on the digest goes over my head -- it's hard to follow a long
>post about hub-lock-nuts-spindle-counts-whatever when you've never opened
>up a hub and looked at it.

That's always the difficulty trying to describe intricate mechanical
contraptions without the aid of pictures or drawings.  Pictures are the
universal language.  Descriptions get pretty complicated.

Happy holidays,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |