Re: Beginning mechanical info

One book that stands out from the crowd in beginners texts is "How to
Service and Repair Your Own Car" written By Richard Dey and published by
Harper & Row.

It's kind of "old" (mine has a 1979 copyright) but seems just about
right for the age of the vehicles most of us are in and under. The
dedication reads, "I dedicate this book to the guy or gal who enjoys
tinkering with cars for fun, knowledge, or economy." The author lets you
know what's easy to do, what's not so easy to do, and is never
insulting. He cover lots of repairs of assemblies that most garages
would just replace. Not much on 4wd, but everything else is well
covered.

Look for it in a public library... or have them do an inter-library
loan/search. I get a lot of obscure books that way!

--
Gene Halpern     mailto:morgantruce@domain.elided
1988 Nimble 20 sail boat -- on trailer hauled by a