Re: Rear brakes

Hmm.. Anything Scout lists a new drum @ $90 ea.. $75 doesn't sound bad!

>3.      Has anyone installed rear disc brakes? Are there any aftermarket
>suppliers for IH Dana 44 rear axles?

Look at Jim Weed's page (http://www.off-road.com/~jweed).. he has details on
a do-it-yerself rear disc swap.  TJM also sells a kit ($300+?) to do it.

For Jim's method, you'll need some Scout II Dana 44 front axle discs.  $90
ea. new. :(

>4.      What's the biggest tire being successfully run on rear Dana 44
>axles?  I         want to install 33" tires on my Scout and I'm concerned
>the Dana 44         might not be strong enough.

Everyone I've spoken to has felt 33" tires are fine on a '44.. but that 35s
are NOT OK.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs