Re: Towing with my T'all

>      a) the 7000 lb. Travelall loaded for bear with tools, etc.
>      b) the trailer itself prolly weighs more than the car they're in.
>
>         Why is it that everyone has to get back into the lane after
>      passing, like 3 feet in front of me?  Guess they want to eat my
>      bumper is all.

This bugs me too.. only I don't have a 7,000lbs Travelall.. just my
Scouts.  It was for this reason (and people refusing to turn down their
high beams when following me) that I install the Bumper Thumper and two
100watt Daylighters on the front of my '77.. now I just flash 'em to let
them know how irritated I am.. the "I8 A 4D" license plate helps matters,
along with the dented body.  (and, when I was in Seattle this summer, the
lack of any bolts holding the carb together helped make some nice
backfires.. not too many people got too close to my 'Binder!)

Note: In Montana, it's perfectly legal for me to run my Daylighters (up
to 4 of 'em.. or maybe 4 of the HID Daylighters) on the highway.. so long
as I turn them off 300' following, 1000' of oncoming....

Which, of course, is not very far when we're talking about some
Daylighters.. :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs