Re:Service Manuals & Leaks

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, George Humphrey wrote:

> I was also thinking about buying new door seals because of leaks. Mine
> are also cut so the top can be removed. Your idea of changing the seals
> for summer and winter is interesting. Are they that easy to install and
> remove without damaging?
>
> George H
> 72 Scout II
George,
 The door seals run on a lip and just pull off.Why does one need to run
the door seals with the top off?With the top off the seals do not help
wind noise or offer any rain protection.
Just seems to me that you don't need two sets of door seals.
OK what an I missing here ?

                           Have Fun!
                           Dennis,
                           75II,345,727,ac