Leaks

> The door seals run on a lip and just pull off.Why does one need to run
>the door seals with the top off?With the top off the seals do not help
>wind noise or offer any rain protection.
>Just seems to me that you don't need two sets of door seals.
>OK what an I missing here ?

*shrug*  The factory suggested cutting the seals for some reason.. I don't
pretend to know why.  I removed my tailgate seal from my '72 before pulling
the top without any problems (later found out the rear hatch'll actually
latch.. if the gasket's not in there!)

I could see the door seals coming in a little handy during a deep water
crossing...

:-)

-Tom