Brake m/c

Well, I metioned a while back that my '77 Scout II has been leaking brake
fluid ever since my trip to Seattle for the NWBinder Roundup in early
August.. I had thought it might be the front passenger brake line, but
apparently it was plain old oil (Scout drip?) from the motor..

Anyhow.. it now appears the master cylinder is leaking (interesting note:
it was replaced the day before I bought the Scout).  It's not leaking
where I would expect it to (output tubes, or the prop valve), but it
appears to be leaking at the top.. between the tightly clamped "lid" and
the main m/c unit.

Without taking a close look at it tonight, I'm wondering what my courses
of action are.. It's certainly leaking somewhere around the m/c.. the
streering column U-joint is covered in DOT3 fluid..

Can I buy just the cover, and will that do me any good?  Or are they
something of a matched set.. ?

Just what I wanted to do.. be "forced" to work on my Scout as the dead of
winter approaches! :)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout