Re: Advancing the "Spark" of knowledge

>From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
>I think I've figured it out!

snip

>Contrast the way an MSD system fires (immediately) to the way a
>conventional ignition system works.

snip

>Comments anyone?

John, I *am* convinced if there *is* a holy grail of ScoutDom, you will
certainly be the first to find it.  What you have just described, in
engineer's terms, is the "solid state" (gosh, is *he* ever old) ignitions
fire on "make" whereas, we all know, conventional ignitions fire on
"break".  Therefore, the solid state modules fire sooner, and furthermore,
the "amount of soonerness" should be equal to the degrees of dwell
previously dialed in via the point gap.  I see a Science Fair project in
the making . . . .
***
"Florida's history is a chaotic thing built upon thin layers of human
endeavor that are covered or quickly absorbed by more thin layers, then
forgotten entirely.  Because Florida has always appealed to the
provisional and the transitory, what has gone before and what inevitably
must come have never been of much interest.  Which explains many of
Florida's ills, and is also why Florida has always been the nation's
tackiest, glitziest state."

                                   -- Randy Wayne White,
                                      in *The Heat Islands*