Re: Fuel level floats

>Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 21:17:41 -0600
>From: Jim Camery <jcamery@domain.elided>
>Subject: Fuel level floats

>The gauge in the dash is the original one, with the switch to go from
>rear to front.  The options from the JC Whitney catelog are:
>
>GM vehicle type, w/0-90 ohms resistence
>
>Chrysler-Ford type, w/78-10 ohms resistence
>
>Stewart-Warner type, w/240-33 ohms resistence
>
>Does anyone know which one IH used?

The closest is the Chrysler type.  My bench testing of the IH gauges would
suggest 10 Ohms will get you a full or near full reading and 78 Ohms will
net a reading of dead empty.

But the gauges themselves leave a lot to be desired and your "mileage may
vary" so to speak.  It's not uncommon for the workings of the gauge to
simply get worn and tired leaving it reading slightly low in all
conditions.

Regards,

John

jlandry@domain.elided              |     - Washington State Residents -
Conservative Libertarian         |  PRESERVE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!
Life Member of the NRA           |      Vote NO on Initiative 676...
WA Arms Collectors               | It's just another scheme funded by big
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |  money to strip away your privacy and
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  |  force the registration of gun owners.