knobs in 61 T'all

T stands for "throttle."
My 60's IHC's both have a place for a knob- the 61 just has a 't', and the
69 has the word 'throttle' by a hole in the dash. People used to use farm
vehicles for a stationary power source- just jack up the wheel and put a
belt around it to drive machinery, or use a wheel without a tire.
I've even seen a log  splitter that you bolt in place of one of the rear
wheels. Looks like a huge screw- you put the wood against it and it screws
into it and splits it (supposedly).
That's why the sticker "don't jack up one rear wheel and put it in gear" on
the PowrLok equipped IHC's. Because it was common practice not too long
ago.
You use the throttle knob to set proper revs.
Andy Gladish
Guemes Is, WA