<E36> Replacing Front Hub Bearing... Need help.

At 08:34 AM 3/21/03, bmw-digest talked about:
>1. Is the hub nut on my car 36mm or 46mm?  Which local store might carry a
>46mm socket?  I don't think Sears does.

36mm, IIRC. Should be available at Sears or an auto parts store.

>2. What size of allen socket is required for the front calipers and rotor
>retainer screw?

Caliper guide screw is 7mm, rotor retaining screw is 6mm.

>3. Can the Sears tool to pull hub bearing be effectively used?

If it's meant to pull bearings, I would assume so, but I've not used it.

>4. Can the hub nut be loosened when the car is on the ground,

Yes.

>5. Is it required to do alignment after this replacement?

No.

Hope that helps,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4