Three Beeps...Grinding Noise...Tail Light Failure...Ticking Noise...

While driving my 96 328i (E36) I occasionally hear my car make three
beeps...no lights come on or messages on the check control display...any
suggestions?

Next question, I occasionally get a slight grind-like sound of the starter
when I start the car...????

When I turn on my lights, the check control message displays Tail Light
Failure.  The tail lights all work.  What could this be???

I hear a ticking noise coming from the dashboard or engine compartment but
it is not the engine...it could be specific to just my car.  Has anyone had
this problem?

Thank you all in advance.

Joe