Re: E39 - Why are exhaust systems so expensive??

I have to agree with "Alexf"; I think Grassroots Motorsports mag did a
similar 'shootout' and found the flowmaster muffler to be one of the best
(if not the top) performers in terms of added HP/TORQUE.  With the european
mag article mentioned previously, the guy ended up picking the exhaust that
sounded the best :-)

I used to have a yamaha superbike (R6) and exhaust upgrades even with those
"toys" were better sounding than functional. I say the same goes with cars;
just my $.02...

Later,

FS
www.Thumbnail-Pictures.net