Re: Why are exhaust systems so expensive??

> $600 for a muffler? WOW...Can you help me to
> understand why I shouldn't go to my neighborhood custom exhaust shop to
> fabricate a flowmaster muffler for my car, including stainless mandrel
> bent pipe and tips for $250?

    Well, I don't have a nuts and bolt answer for you but considering how
often we had to replace them on cars in the 50's and 60's and 70's and the
fact that I still have (knock on wood) the original exhaust system on my 92
525i with 90K miles on it, I can begin to see why.

    They're making them a _lot_ better now than they were then so I guess we
have to expect they are going to cost more.

    Cheers,
    Seeker