Re: 87 325IC Seats

"Blake Henrich" <blakehenrich@domain.elided> wrote:

> My uncle recently purchased an 87 325 IC, and the seat is too
> far forward for comfort. He is 6 feet tall, and has the seat
> all the way back. Has anybody else had this difficulty?

Blake,
I'm also 6' and until recently owned an E30. I never had the need to move
the seat all the way back to achieve proper driving position.
Just in case, some E30 seat rails have a 2" stopper at the back of the
rail to prevent you from crunching an already minimal rear passengers' leg
room. Take the seat off (two 17mm bolts in the back, two nuts up front)
and you will see it. IIRC, it's held in place by single Philips screw.
Remove the stopper and your uncle may gain another 2" of travel.
But you may want to speak to him about proper seating position.

HTH,
alex f