Re: HELP? Schroth BMW Belt installation

"FS" <freestat@domain.elided> wrote:
> I just received 2 Schroth BMW Belts for my E36 M3 (2 door) (from
> HMS Motorsport below):
>
> http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/newstore.php?m=12&sub=383#702
>
> wondering if anyone could help?
>
> 1) (Driver seat) How do I attach the left LAP harness connection
> to the floor "bar" (where OEM belt slides along). Or is this not
> the correct installation point?

It is the correct installation point.
Unscrew the front bar anchor. The bolt holding the bar in place is long
enough to hold the left lap belt's anchor as well. Thread the lap belt's
anchor on the bolt and screw it back in.
That's the easy part. The right (inboard) attachment point is at the bolt
holding the OE seatbelt latch. You will need to swap the OE seat bolt with
an optional Schroth E36 bolt:
http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/newstore.php?m=12&sub=386

> 2) Does the tail strap mounting tab for mounting point D (which
> OEM bolt passes through) need to be BENT at a similar angle as
> the OEM belt tab?

It needs to be bent only if you intend to reinstall the rear seat bottom
cushion. If so, bent it so that the harness tab does not interfere with the
bottom cushion.

> The Schroth tab is perfectly flat and appears
> that the seat cushion will interfere when coming up through seat.

Exactly.

> Any other installation tips with this belt?

If/when you remove the seat to install the inboard strap, do NOT turn the
ignition back on until the seat is back in the car with all connectors
pluged back in. Otherwise you will trigger the Airbag light that can only
be reset by the dealer. Rearely for free.

alex f