Re: <E36> suspension checks

Dennis,

I had similar symptoms (noise when hitting bumps) on the left front of my
E34, and several people suggested replacing the swaybar end links.  In my
case, it didn't eliminate the noise.

I took the car to a shop, and was expecting the wor$t.  The mechanic found
that the front subframe bolts were loose.  He tightened the bolts, and the
noise went away.

I think they charged me for 20 minutes labor to find and correct the
problem.

I can't say that this is the problem with your car, but it's something to
check.

- -rb