Re: M-tech M3-style moldings

Brendon,

The moldings attach to the side with plastic clips.  The back side of the
molding has a channel molded into it, and the plastic clips slide into the
channel.  The side panels of the car have a series of holes, into which the
plastic clips are inserted.

Removing the old molding will probably result in breaking some of the clips.
  Since the wider M-Tech moldings use a different style clip, it doesn't
really matter.

Just for 'fun' I pulled the M-Tech moldings off the front fenders of my '95
M3.  There are three plastic clips holding each fender molding in place -
two clips are the same, the third clip (the forward-most clip, closest to
the fender lip), is different.

It seems like it should be possible to do some sort of 'disengage and slide'
operation to remove the moldings, where the front clip is disengaged, and
the molding is slid backwards slightly, and then removed from the car, but I
didn't spend enough time studying it to figure out exactly how it should be
done.

Perhaps someone else on the list can comment.  I haven't seen the non-MTech
molding, so I'm not sure how it compares to the MTech design.

- -rb