Re: bmw-digest V9 #1777

At 09:16 AM 4/21/01 -0400, Charles Lee wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the tool that Bavarian
>Autosport and a number of other aftermarket retailers sell to aid in
>changing the brake fluid.  I'm referring to the one that looks like a
>plastic jug with a pressure dial and a hand pressurizer with an attachment
>to the the master brake cylinder.  I will be needing to change my brake
>fluid soon and was wondering if this tool was easy to use.

I bought mine directly from http://www.motiveproducts.com  It's certainly
easy to use if you follow the instructions, except that it needs a swivel
between the hose and the reservoir cap.  You can get that part at Home
Depot.  All in all, much better than the rhythm method with the brake pedal
and bleeder wrench.  (BTW, it attaches to the reservoir, not the master
cylinder.)

- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS