Re: recommendations

    I have a '96 E36 328is & 3 small children. I haven't taken my 6 month old son in the bimmer yet, but I drop the 3 & 5 year olds off at school everyday. We have even taken several 500 mile (each way) road trips over the last few years. We find that there is plenty of room for the kids, and a large cooler between them. But now, with 3, we bought my wife a Subaru Forester. NO POWER! But it does have plenty of room for 3 car seats across the back. I hate driving it. The seats give me a backache. We didn't want to get into the SUV or van thing, but I would trade for an X5 if I could.

   I highly recommend to keep your M3. I wish mine was an M3. I personally like the 3's more than the 5's.

    David M. Jacobi wrote:

    ...The M3 is not very well suited to toting our 5 month old around
    in her car seat, together with all of the paraphernalia required
    to keep an infant in diapers, strollers and the like.  We need more
    room and access to the back seat and more storage space.

    ...I'm trying to figure out whether I should be looking at a
    5er sedan, a 325xi 'sport wagon,' or a 330xi 4 door.