Re: Service Intervals

Seeker <rfg@domain.elided> Wrote:

>    I am, at the advice of numerous respondents to posts of mine, ignoring
>the suggested oil change intervals on the OBC of my '96 328i, in favor of
>changing the oil every 3500 miles.  I do not use synthetic oil.
>
>    Ignoring the OBC suggested oil-change intervals means that the OBC
>intervals for Inspections are also to be ignored so my question is, what is

Not unless you've been resetting the oil change light every time.  Though
I don't know how it would respond to being reset before it lights.

>the suggested mileage for Inspection I and II intervals.
>

>    I bought the car with 22,000 miles on the clock and all prescribed
>maintenance had been done on it.  I now have 35,000 miles on the clock and
>the Inspection light just came on.
>
>    Should I do it now, or wait until later?  If later, at what mileage?

I would have it inspected now.  35,000 is about right for Inspection II.

Its usually two oil changes and an inspection.  At around 9,000 each
that would be inspection I at 18,000 and inspection II at 36,000.

Maybe others have a more authoratative answer.

        John