Service Intervals

    I am, at the advice of numerous respondents to posts of mine, ignoring
the suggested oil change intervals on the OBC of my '96 328i, in favor of
changing the oil every 3500 miles.  I do not use synthetic oil.

    Ignoring the OBC suggested oil-change intervals means that the OBC
intervals for Inspections are also to be ignored so my question is, what is
the suggested mileage for Inspection I and II intervals?

    I bought the car with 22,000 miles on the clock and all prescribed
maintenance had been done on it.  I now have 35,000 miles on the clock and
the Inspection light just came on.

    Should I do it now, or wait until later?  If later, at what mileage?

    Many thanks,
    Seeker