Re: ECU reprogramming

Brendan,

Since the majority of people on this list are in the USA, I'm afraid that we
aren't going to be able to help you.  BMW doesn't sell the E46 318i in the
USA, so there aren't any USA-based DME programmers who would have spent the
time and effort to develop code for your car.

Your best bet would be to search the Internet for Europe-based DME tuners.
I saw plenty of E46 318is during a trip to Germany last year, so you're
bound to find someone who can tweak them.

One other possibility: if you can confirm that the E46 318i uses the same
engine and DME as the E36 318i or the Z3 1.9, you can go to several shops,
including Dinan:

http://www.dinanbmw.com/

You can find some other leads by starting here:

http://www.happytogether.com/bmw/

Good luck!

- -rb