E34 Coolant Leak

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of common coolant leaks on a 1992 525i?
It appears to be in the area near the thermostat housing but that appears to be
sound as do the hoses attatching to it.
The coolant looks like it is hitting the drive belt and spraying around a bit
which makes determining its origin a little more difficult.
I only occasionally get coolant on my garage floor so it doesnt seem to be
constantly leaking and I can't see it leak when the engine is running.

Is it possible to leak from the water pump, and how easy are they to replace, it
looks easy in bently but they have the engine on a bench!

Thanks,

Neil Grundy.