Re: Do I have a chance?????

>Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 18:24:19 -0000
>From: "ddrk1 **" <ddrk1@domain.elided>
>Subject: Do I have a chance?????
>
>Happy New Year All!
>
>Here is the first one of the year for me.  I have an interesting situation
>that I'm hoping some of you police officers or lawyers might be able to
>help me with.
>
>Last year in January I recieved a speeding ticket here in Los Angeles.  I
>was cited for 91mph in a 65mph by the CHP.  Now the interesting part of
>this ticket was that I wasn't going 91 and that the officer didn't tell me
>anything about how fast I was going until I read it on the citation before
>I signed it.  When I asked him about the citation and what he put down he
>simply threw an attitude and said that's how fast I was going.  Anyways
>back in around September or October I recieved a call from a CHP
>investigator. She told me that this officer that gave me that ticket had
>recieved so many complaints about his behavior that an investigation had
>been opened on him. She interviewed me about what happened and I haven't
>heard from her since.
>
>Now my question to you all is what are my options?  Is there any chance for
>me to have that ticket removed from my DMV record?  Is there anyway I can
>file an appeal?  If I'm not mistaken in a court all you have to to is
>create a doubt in the judges mind.  Isn't this investigation enough to
>doubt the officers credibility? Is it too late??

Did you already admit guilt and pay the fine?  If so, you're S.O.L.

The officer's credibility doesn't mean $hit if you admitted that you were
driving 91 in a 65 mph zone.  By paying the ticket, you admitted guilt.

You needed to create doubt in the judge's mind by going to court and
fighting the ticket.  What do you want to do?  File an appeal and tell the
judge that you really lied when you said you were going 91 mph?

What's going to sound like a _real_ lie?

Sorry...

- -rb