Annual service indicator light resetting

Sorry to be a pain, but I have scoured all the sources I can without enough
evidence to satisfy me.

Car    325i coupe '93

I understand the resetting of the indicator lights as follows, by shorting
pins 19 and 7 for:
3s for oil
12s for inspection

However, my understanding says that there are two inspections, one counted
by mileage and one counted by time.  When the mileage count completes, the
word 'inspection' is illuminated, if it is a time based inspection, this is
complemented by a picture of a clock.  In addition, I have five green
lights, an orange light and a red light, these are purely for the oil
service, and when all are lit, it's time for an oil change.  Is this correct
?

Currently, my time inspection light has come on, do I reset that with the
12s method or will this reset the mileage count too ?

Many thanks

Nick Pashley