BMW Investment Question

Hello fellow Bimmer owners!

Being a new BMW owner, I am looking for people's opinion on how to plan for
my investment for the future.

Last week, I purchased a used 97 BMW 328i with M package from an import
dealer. I love this car!! I paid in the mid 30's for this car (canadian
funds) and I'll be paying for this car for the next 4 years. I spoke to the
salesman/owner at the dealer that I bought my car and he said that my best
bet would be to keep this car for a maximum of 3 years and then I trade it
in for something else that's 2  to 3 years old. What do you all think about
this plan? Maybe I'm old fashion, but I always thaught that keeping a car
for the maximum amount of time was the best 'money' decision when it came to
cars. I take good care of my cars, assuming that this car is in great shape
right now and it has approx 50k miles on it, how long should I expect this
car to last me? Another 10 years I'm guessing... but then again I've never
owned a bimmer in my life, I've always had Honda and Mazda products. Again,
I would really love to hear your feedback on this one! :)

Best regards,

Serge Maillet
Ottawa, Ontario
1997 BMW 328i w/ M package