[Q] Disposing of Used Brake Fluid

With all the recent talk about changing brake fluid, I'm curious to find out
what is the recommended way to dispose of used brake fluid.

My experience:

I took my used brake fluid to the dump along with used motor oil and used
antifreeze.  They gladly accepted the oil and antifreeze, but had no way to
collect the brake fluid.  The attendant recommended lining a cardboard box
with plastic, filling it with dirt, pouring the brake fluid into the dirt,
and sealing the box shut.  Yeah, right!

I put the used brake fluid into the empty brake fluid containers and
disposed of them in the household waste dumpster.  I know it's not right,
but they left me with no choice.  I'd rather have it sitting in the dump
than sitting in my garage.

What do YOU do?

- -rb