Check engine light? E30

Well, here is the story. last week i broke my oil pan. My 87' 325is is
lowered and i ended up driving up on a curb! my oil pan shattered and i had
to tow my car. The car ra for about 15 seconds after the oil started pouring
out. So I hope i didnt do any damage to the engine, but anyways. I took it
to a local shop and $600 later my car is back. But the check engine light
has come on and wont go away. Im not sure what this could be. The shop said
that my oil pump and everything else was fine. I disconnect the computer to
see if that would work. By disconnecting the harness am i really resetting
the computer? I wasnt sure if that would work but it didnt. So if anyone has
any ideas of what could be possible wrong with my car it would be
appreciated. Has anyone else had this light come on? If so what was the
problem? Thank you ahead of time,

Jason