From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of David
A. Leonard
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 9:03 PM
To: NathanJ; bmw@domain.elided
Subject: LSD..I remember the 70's

"How do I tell if my car has Limited Slip Differential?"

To check your car for LSD,  jack up the rear wheels, both at the same time.
put the car in neutral.  Attempt to spin one wheel by hand.  If it is hard
to turn, and the other wheel turns in the same direction, you have LSD.  Itf
the other wheel turns in the opposite direction, you have a conventional,
open spider gear differential.

If you want to check yourself for LSD, see if you ever have flashbacks, or
fondly remember things that came in small visine bottles..$120.00 for 100
drops, or if you ever purchased any small pieces of paper with various
superheros stamped on them, or any small purple "microdots, or yellow double
domes, or paid $8.00 for a cube of sugar, or......

If you've ever seen the sun rise at midnight, or the bathroom tiles breath,
or sparks shoot off of things where there should be no sparks, or laughed
uncontrolably all night, ground your teeth for the next week, and had the
feeling that English was becoming a second language, with no first one.....

Well those of you that know.....we're different!

Dave Leonard
Responsible member of society.
Dave Leonard

- --