Re: Check engine light? E30

Jason,

In a message dated 9/19/00 10:46:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The shop said
 that my oil pump and everything else was fine. I disconnect the computer to
 see if that would work. By disconnecting the harness am i really resetting
 the computer? I wasnt sure if that would work but it didnt. So if anyone has
 any ideas of what could be possible wrong with my car it would be
 appreciated. Has anyone else had this light come on? If so what was the
 problem? Thank you ahead of time, >>

I know this sounds way too simple, but are you sure the oil is "topped off"?
same thing happened on my son's '87 325is (prior to it being totaled)....it
simply needed a wee bit more oil<g>

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646