Re: Tires

>All,
>I would love some comments/suggestions on two questions:
>1) Define the limit of tire wear (tread depth, etc.)
>and
>2) Suggestions for new tires.

The treadwear number relates to a standardized tire wear with an index of
100.  So a tire that has Treadwear 350 will have a tread life 3.5 times as
long as the standard tire.  I've never seen an actual number to relate to
the standard but everyone I know goes by this rule of thumb:  For every 100
in the treadwear rating expect 12-15,000 miles of treadwear.
I use Bridgestone Potenzas and am happy with them on the street.  Never had
reason to change, so I can't compare them to others.
- -Kevin