RE: Changed crankshaft gasket, now have noise

> I had the crankshaft seal replaced because it was leaking. That
> means that they took off much of the front of the engine.

Not really, - just the belts (including the timing belt) and a few covers.

> Now I have a slight grinding/moaning noise at about 1500 rpm.
> Above and below 1500 rpm there is no noise.

Jason,
I bet it's there, you just can't hear it anymore above the engine noise.
Most likely, it is one of the auxiliary belts that got re-installed either
too tight or too loose.

alex f