Changed crankshaft gasket, now have noise

Hi All,

Any ideas on this one?

I had the crankshaft seal replaced because it was leaking. That means
that they took off much of the front of the engine.  Now I have a slight

grinding/moaning noise at about 1500 rpm.  Above and below 1500 rpm
there is no noise.  I can also feel a slight vibration.  A mechanic
would miss
both the noise and the vibration because it is slight,  but knowing my
car the way
I do,  the noise and vibration are there.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jason