New post - tire options fand chip upgrade for 1993 525i (California)

I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for tires (make,
brand, size, etc.) for a 1993 525i 5spd.  Also, my mechanic suggested a
performance chip that would bump up the horsepower and torque to 535i
territory.  Is there a noticeable improvement in performance?  By the way
this car is a recent upgrade from a 85' 535i Euro - a much better "driver's"
car the 93' is "squishy" by comparison.

Thanks,

Paul Fiorello
pfiorello@domain.elided