RE: ice problems and bmw roadside assistance(comments)

> This morning I went out to my '00 323i and found that 1/2" of
> ice behind my tires was too much for the little kraut to handle.

Now, those would be ... summer tires, wouldn't they?
Nice, wide, wide tread block tires. What do you think that size and
tread
design does to your snow/ice traction?
So all those folks buying winter tires for their bimmers are all
"pusses",
right Dr?

> SO, I call roadside assistance only to learn that being stuck
> in ice and other acts of g-d are NOT covered, I would have to
> pay out of my own pocket.  But if I was some dumb shmuck and
> ran out of gas, THAT would be covered.  I guess $34K doesn't
> get you squat in deutsche marks or euro bucks.

I don't know, did you try showing $34K under the slipping wheel? In what
bank notes?
I guess a set of snow tires is way beyond your means. Plus, how often
does
it really snow in NY, right?

> Let's just say I am very disappointed with the all weather
> capabilities of my bimmer. I really feel like bmw let me down
> and I'm not trying to be a puss or anything. I kinda have a
> bad taste in my mouth, and  being only 26 I plan on buying
> more cars in the future. Oh well.

Oh well, BMW will surely go out of business now...

> See ya on the road.

no, thanks,

alex f