[no subject]

http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

(It will ask you for a username and password; keep
hitting "c*ncel" and eventually it will let you in.)

In summary,
    Most incompetent people do not know that they are
incompetent.  People who do things badly are usually
supremely confident of their abilities--more confident,
in fact, than people who do things well.  The skills
required for competence often are the same skills
necessary to recognize competence.  The most competent
are likely to underestimated their own competence, at
least until they had actual evidence.  When the
incompetent viewed the evidence of their incompetence,
they continued to think they were competent.

This explains why we all think we are "better than
average."  And why it is so hard to teach the incompetent!
- --
Bob Sutterfield
87 E30 325iS
BMWCCA #169277