750 IL

Hi folks,
Could any one out there give me the 411 on the 750 IL? I have seen recently
quite a few ads for 1990 750IL s all suspiciously reasonably priced.  Does
this model have a V12? Why are owners so eager to part with them? What's
the catch? Is this the BMW Edsel?
Any information on this model will be welcome since I am contemplating
taking the plunge and getting myself one to replace my 88 535IS (188,000
miles and not a drop of oil used between oil changes) which my wife used to
apply CPR to a Chevy truck.
Thank y'all
Randy Peters
rpeters@domain.elided.