Re: <e30> need front spoiler brackets

At 01:17 PM 8/6/99 PDT, I wrote:
>The air dam is OK (needs paint) but the brackets that
>hold it are not.  I'm being warned that those brackets
>are no longer available, and they're going to have to
>fabricate some.

The plot thickens.  The brackets I need are 82 11 1 466 520
which are No Longer Available since 11/98.  But there's a
"hardware kit" 82 11 1 466 521 that might include these
brackets - but it's NLA since 5/99.  Or there's a "panel kit"
82 11 1 466 524 that's still available.  I'm looking for a
dealer that might still have a leftover 521 hardware kit or
a 524 panel kit on the shelf, to see if the brackets were
rolled into one of those items.

I'm chasing down a few leads y'all have sent, for which I'm
grateful.  Any more suggestions are still welcome!  (I
refuse to succumb to the suggestion that common repair
parts for a twelve year old car must be custom fabricated.)
- --
Bob Sutterfield <Bob@domain.elided>
87 E30 325iS/CA plates "DAS KAR"
BMWCCA #169277