Re: Tire Pressure Question

Joe,

Depends on what yer doin. Chances are you're gonna start leanin on those
tires in the corners, and you'll need more air to keep the sidewalls up.
The real test is to measure the temperatures across the tread and adjust
the air pressure until the tempertures are even. Another (less effective)
trick is to mark the edge of the tread with white shoe polish (3-4 places).
The white marks should get worn off to the edge of the tread, more, and
there's too little air, less and there's too much air. These techniques are
really for the track, where you're diving hard long enough to get all the
temperatures up (including the driver).

All that said, I'm running around 36psi in the 5er, and about the same in
the Porsche on the street (38 psi on the track!).

Regards,

Doug Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!