E30: Emergency

Hi,

I have ended up chipping a piece of aluminum on my E30's steering rack.  This
chip is right where one of the oil lines connects with the threaded hollow
screw.  As a result, I have a very slow leak develop.  I do have the piece
that chipped off.

The question is:
Can I use some type of a weld product to put the pieces together?  I do not
want to resort to a TIG welder yet.  Basically that would melt the whole thing
together, which would be fine, but is a lot of hassle.

Any ideas are appreciated.

TIA
- --
Sammy A. Haroon,  Taxila, Inc.,  770.234.9087
mailto:SAH@domain.elided
http://sah.home.mindspring.com/