re: <E34> 91' M5 Front Strut - Where to buy from?

Dave asked --
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:23:42 EST
From: Capernc@domain.elided
Subject: <E34> 91' M5 Front Strut - Where to buy from?

Hi folks,

First of all - Richard Welty...THANK YOU!!!!!
Secondly,  i'm just an average guy with an above average performance
car.  And
lastly, where can I purchase the least expensive set (2) of Bilsteins
("Sport"
for the front end) on the face of the earrth?  Please advise, safety in
numbers I would expect?  Mail order ok, as long as shipping is
reasonable?!
Any advice would be appreciated (current low price is $159.95 a piece).
GIVE
ME YOUR CONNECTIONS -please!!!!!
Dave
91' M5 (Dinan Chip)

Are you sure you want Bilsteins Sports?  Your M5, if stock or not too
radical camber plates, is biased to understeer.  IMHO, way too biased.
If you stiffen the front end in relation to the rear you'll increase the
understeer.  Additionally, you'll find that on hard cornering you'll hit
the built-in internal bump stops on the Bilsteins.  If you go this route
I would recommend at least cutting down the bump stops.

If you're after handling improvement I would recommend adjustable Konis
for the front and Bilstein Sports for the rear and eliminate the
self-leveling.  If you still have the stock self-leveling rear, adding
the stiffer Bilstein Sports to the front probably won't improve your
handling.  Go with either standard Bilsteins or the Konis.

Louis
91 M5 - original owner
Sharked, Dinan stage 3 with Bilstein Sports all around.