re: M6 garage queen (long story)

"regarding the quarter-million dollar M6, i sed:
snip
of course, he certainly wouldn't USE it."

Here's an interesting story; it's *got* to be the same car/owner; can't be
more than one! At a recent Boston Chapter CCA meeting Klaus Schnitzer told
the story about this guy getting his car in the Roundel. Seems the fellow
offered to pay for Klaus and an assistant to fly out to the West Coast to
photograph the car, so he could get it in Roundel. He agreed to pay for the
travel, rental of the space, all costs, etc. The car was *amazing* (Klaus
showed slides of it at the meeting) just as described in the prev. post.
The owner had hired the "best" detailer in LA to spend the day polishing
the car, dusting off any motes with the temerity to land on the pristine
surface, removing any fingerprints on the leather. etc. No one was allowed
to sit on the seats directly, they were covered with soft cloth, if I
remember correctly. The car had a fancy stereo setup and phone system which
was never used. This guy made us average Bimmer obsessive-compulsives look
like we are the picture of mental health.

 After the whole project was carried off, and the spread was set up for the
Roundel (too much invested to squash the article) the guy welshed on the
deal and never paid for the travel etc. What a winner... after spending all
that on the car he could probably afford to keep his end of the bargain!
The end of the story was that the guy called the national office wanting to
buy up all the leftover copies of that issue of the Roundel (some nerve).I
suppose he wanted to encase them in plastic and never look at them. He was
told "no way"...I thought he should have been told they were a grand each,
special deal for him.

I guess not all Bimmerphiles are to be trusted........